pe Chelsea beats Sporting at

Ответить
yyys123

pe Chelsea beats Sporting at

Сообщение yyys123 » Сб сен 21, 2019 5:09 am

I had a couple of things happen this week that show how great the fans of the CFL are and how special it is for all of us to be part of this league. First and foremost it was great to see how quickly the ALS challenge has and will continue to help bring awareness and donations to help fight the disease. The players and people of the league are always eager to help whenever possible. I have a few interesting stories about interactions with fans and although it is a little weird for me to be recognized at times it is usually a nice thing meeting the many fans of this league. I was at a restaurant by the airport in Toronto after the Argo game Sunday night having a late dinner before I checked into the Airport hotel. I was at the bar and a young guy came over and said he was from Winnipeg and he wanted to say hi. He was a season ticket holder for the Bombers and was very complimentary and said that he was disappointed in what had happened to me when I was released. I told him I appreciated the kind words and I have been doing fine since that day. As he and his friend were leaving they said goodbye and asked about the new regime for the Bombers. I said he should be excited in the guys who are running the team now, I would call them all friends of mine and I have great respect for them. He was excited about continuing to see the season unfold. A while later I went to pay my bill and the bartender told me the two guys who left had picked up my entire bill! When they asked to buy me a beer, I said I was fine and I appreciated the offer but they didnt listen and paid for the whole thing! It didnt need to be done, but the gesture was and is appreciated. I still live in the City of Winnipeg and the people are very positive and great to interact with then and now. I remember after my first year in 2010 we had a CFL-record nine losses by four points or less. I was outside the house the day after the season and an elderly gentleman walked by and said, "you the Bomber Coach?" I said "yes" and he said "tough season" to me and I replied "yes, I was expecting a lot more." He didnt miss a beat as he kept walking by and said "SO WAS I". The same day I picked my daughter up from day care and a father with his kids said "nice season coach" positively and I said "you and I got different ideas of what good is". He stopped me and said "it will take time and you will get it turned around I believe". Both are examples of great CFL fans. I received a note and a Bomber jersey with my name on it and green numbers with 82 on it this year. This baffled me until I read the note. It was from a woman from Quebec who told me in the note that she was a big football fan and had her ninth (yes, ninth) child at the start of the 2011 season. She would PVR the games and watch them during the long nights with the baby. The Bombers became her favourite team and I (along with Marc Trestman) became one of her favourite coaches. She had a great time during those sleepless nights with the baby watching the Bombers season, winning first place and advancing to the Grey Cup. In 2012, she actually went out of her way and contacted Plymouth State College - my alma mater - and asked them to find my number in their archives. She actually got herself a Bomber jersey before the season and added green numbers (which were my college colours) to the Bomber jersey with my name on it. She said she was sorry to see that I had been released and had some kind words of encouragement as well as the jersey she had made up. These type of letters and E-mails and correspondence with people are amazing and mean a lot to all the players and coaches in the league. This letter and gesture meant a lot to me and shows how connected the fans are to the game we all love. My last story happened this past Tuesday night. I was helping with the ALS challenge at a friends house and I met an individual who is a big Bomber and CFL fan. But instead of talking about the season or about TSN, he wanted to tell me about when Matt Dunigan came to a fundraising breakfast when he played in Winnipeg years ago. He went on and on about the function and how great it was that Matt came and how well Matt did at the breakfast. Its safe to say that Matt only met this person once and it was years ago but he remembers it still and Matt made such a great impression on him for helping with the cause. A Hall of Fame QB who had the time for a charity breakfast to help out - that is what makes the CFL a great league, how approachable all the players are. Well to the guys who paid for dinner the other night, "thank you, you didnt have to" and to Anne Catherine, "thanks for the kind words, my head is up, I love the jersey and God bless you for raising nine kids!" Vapormax Danmark Online . - Chris Davis hit a two-run double, scoring Nelson Cruz in his Orioles debut in Baltimores 9-7 win over to the Toronto Blue Jays on Saturday. Vapormax Dame Danmark . Eller scored the midway through the third period after Dallas scored twice to tie it, leading Canadiens to a 6-4 win over the Stars on Thursday night. http://www.vapormaxdanmark.com/ . Hes the same player he always was, only now his efforts are being rewarded. The rookie manager has made a habit of heaping praise on others when things are going well, and accepting criticism when they arent. But in the case of Hurtado, its what the coach is NOT saying that may be the secret to a superb run of form. Vapormax Dame Dk .K. Subban has picked the right time of the year to go on an offensive tear. Vapormax Sort Danmark . Altidore strained his left hamstring in the Americans opener against Ghana on June 16 and didnt play in their next two games. "We dont know how much because we need to see how hes going, but hes available," U.LONDON - Schalke and Sporting Lisbon go into Champions League action on Wednesday battling to finish second behind Chelsea in Group G and secure a place in the knockout stages of the competition.For third-place Schalke to progress, it must end Maribors run of seven unbeaten European home games and hope Chelsea beats Sporting at Stamford Bridge.Sporting, second on seven points, heads to London with a doubt about the fitness of attacking midfielder Nani, who was substituted in the first half of their 3-1 win against Boavista at the weekend.A draw should be enough for the Portuguese side to advance due to its superior goal difference over Schalke. A victory would guarantee its passage.Here are some things to know about Wednesdays Group G games:___HURTING BOATENGSchalke will be without midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng in Maribor. Boateng has not recovered from an ankle injury and has missed the last two Bundesliga matches.That did not seem to bother Schalke, which won both (against Mainz and Stuttgart) and scored four goals in each, while conceding only one.Coach Roberto di Matteo will have defender Felipe Santana and midfielder Sidney Sam available after injuries.We can only influence whats in our power, said Di Matteo, who has changed his teams system in the last month.After a 5-0 defeat at home to Chelsea in its last Champions League game in November, Schalkes defence has stabilized, while the forwards are finding the target.Klaas Jan Huntelaar and Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting have scored hat tricks in consecutive matchesEverything is going well for us at the minute ... as long as we keep on winning, it doesnt matter who actually scores, Choupo-Moting said.___NO NNANI FOR SPORTING?Sportings young team could be without its talisman Nani at Stamford Bridge.ddddddddddddhe Portuguese side has precious little experience at the top European level and the former Manchester United winger has added some much-needed know-how.Nani limped off in the first half of Sportings league game at Boavista last weekend. The club says he has a right thigh injury, but is not saying how long he will take to recover.Sporting, fourth in the Portuguese league, has not won on the road in Europe since September 2011, when it beat FC Zurich in a Europa League game.___CHELSEA LOOKING TO HIT BACKChelsea has qualified for the knockout stages as group winner, but lost its unbeaten start to the season in all competitions on Saturday with a 2-1 defeat at Newcastle.Goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois is eager to see his team return to winning ways.Last Wednesday we won a difficult game against Tottenham and we are confident that if we work hard in training and learn from our mistakes we will win again, Courtois said.This was our first defeat, but we have to keep working hard and things will go better for us again.___MARIBOR LOOKS TO CONTINUE HOME FORMWhile Slovenian champion Maribor has never beaten a German opponent in five encounters in European competitions, it also remains unbeaten in its last seven European home games.On Wednesday, it faces Schalke knowing that it cannot reach the last 16 of the Champions League, but would move into the Europa League, by finishing third in Group G, with a victory.Maribor frustrated Schalke with a 1-1 draw in Germany in its second group match in September and will hope to improve on that result on home turf. ' ' '

Ответить